Thursday, July 7, 2011

Zach Holler Week 6 Post

Wow, what a week! This past weekend, I spent the holiday with my family and girl friend, who stayed with me for the weekend. On Sunday, we visited George Washington's estate at MT. Vernon. Although I have been there once, many years ago, I am still fascinated with the history and beauty of the area. The Washington mansion turned out to be wheelchair accessable so we took a tour. I am amazed at how well preserved the house and buildings are. On Monday, we sat on the National Mall near the Washington Monument, watching the sky light up with fireworks, the best I've ever seen and probably will ever see. I hope I am fortunate enough to experience Independance Day in DC in the future.
This week, brought great accomplishments on the job. I completed an important assignment for my supervisor and ADD. My responsibility was to create talking points for a major presentation to be delivered by my supervisor, on employment of individuals with significant disabilities. While this assignment proved to be challenging, due to lack of prior experience in this area, I have gained a great deal of knowledge and experience that will serve me well in my career. I am looking forward to some down time this coming weekend to do more sightseeing. I will share my experience in future posts. Posted by Zach Holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.