Sunday, July 17, 2011

USA vs. Japan

At work this week, I was assigned to set up an alternative text for a powerpoint presentation, and I was nervous since I do not have full knowledge of how to set up the closed captions. It was interesting because I had to figure out how to set the alternative text and once I figured out how, it was much easier.

My good friend from Long Island came to visit me in D.C. this weekend. We had a nice dinner at Good Stuff Eatery which provided delicious hamburgers and their special sauce. The milkshakes were quite expensive but they are worth every cent. This place was recommended to me by another friend. I thought it would be a good idea to bring my friend along. I did not realize that the chef was from “Top Chef.” They also had a restaurant next to it owned by the same chef. We went to the movie, Harry Potter. I did not keep up with all of the Harry Potter movies but I enjoyed the last one. I can’t believe it is actually the last movie.

We went to Newseum, a media museum that I heard that was the best museum in D.C. The only difference between Newseum and most of the other museums in the District is that you have to pay to enjoy this museum - but it is worth your money. There were a lot of cool things to see. We hung out with a few friends from our school. We went to Eastern Market while they were closing. We sat at a restaurant and chatted for a few hours. It was a nice catch-up. We also went to National Zoo and aww, we saw some cute animals. I remember when I was younger, I always loved to go to the Zoo, but as you get older, you go only every now and again. I am sure when I have my children, I will go there often like the old times. We watched the World Cup and wow, it was really a hot game. Japan did deserve it at the end but I know USA worked really hard to reach where they are. Abby Wambach is really good with her head and one of the best players on the team. She is from Rochester where I go to college.

I know Monday will be my longest day since I have to get up super early to drop my friend off at Union Station before heading to work. But that’s life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.