Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 8

Week eight was a blast. My family flew in to DC on Wednesday morning from California to visit DC for the first time. In the time that they were here we went to the mall, along with seeing most of the great museums that are in DC. Even though I was in DC five years ago, I was still amazed when I went to the museums for the second time. For example, yesterday we went to the Holocaust museum and I was just as amazed as the first time.


We also went to New York City over the weekend. It was my first time to New York, and it was an eye opening experience. The amount of people and lights was unreal. We were fortunate enough to see Lion King on Broadway. The acting and costumes were amazing. I also ate great food. The first night we at a Cuban restaurant where I got my favorite dish ropa vieja. Ropa vieja is Cuban style shredded beef with sautéed beepers and onions. Along with eating the Cuban food, I ate New York style pizza. The best slice of Pizza I had was spaghetti and meatball pizza. At first it sounds a little odd but it was amazing. I will defiantly need to make a trip back to New York City hopefully in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.