Sunday, July 24, 2011

D.C. Almost done!

This past week was very interesting. I started the week off by doing faxes on the balanced budget amendment. There were so many faxes on that particular issue. Later on during the week I went on a capitol tour with my supervisor and a couple of other interns. Then I learned how to sign a bunch of letters with a new signing machine. I also put the letters together in the envelopes.

Saturday was a great day. On Saturday, I got to go to the Newseum off of Pennsylvania Avenue. It was really cool because I got to learn about a whole lot of things that I did not know about over the past 50 years. I did not know that there was a lot of famine going on in Africa and other parts of the World where the government was not helping the people obtain food. I knew there was some poverty but not that it was extreme starvation in some countries. I also got to see funny photos of the Presidents and the different things they did during the time at the White House. I also got to see a video about the September 11, 2001 attacks. That was extremely emotional to see the documentary of what actually happened on that day. Then I got to see more photos of historical things such as the vietnam war and cool photos of the first dogs of the first families. Then I got to eat at the Capitol Grille. It was a great experience. I love that restaurant. Overall, my week went very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.