Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 8

This week was mighty stressful at work but I guess that can happen. Someday I will roll with punches more and really understand things that are locked aren’t locked and things that are finalized aren’t ever finalized until they are over. On a better note my family was in town and I was able to do a bunch of touristy things which I have been putting off for quite some time. On Thursday night I was able to go on the after dark tour of D.C. I think that it was great to see all the historic monuments after dark as a different view. Over the weekend I was able to see the view from the top of the Old Post office, which is an incredible 360 degree view of the city. Additionally, I was able to go on a guided tour of the Capital. I was able to see both the Air and Space Museum and the Spy Museum. All of these historic attractions were topped with a small dinner with the family and a few other AAPD interns on Sunday before my family left Monday. Now it’s time for another week of work and I will be sure to keep you updated on that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.