Tuesday, July 5, 2011

National Ball Park

I was raised in Texas, but born in Maryland. As a young child I have memories of going out to baseball games to watch various Minor League teams. Thoughts of popcorn, peanuts, hotdogs, cotton candy and so much more reminds me of those times many years ago. Even though I was never a sports person I always felt the atmosphere of a baseball game was one of the best sports environments to be in. With constant chants and songs such as “take me out to the ball game” it was hard not to feel very interactive with the game and connected to the team.

Even though I had attended a few games in some of my youngest years, I don’t know much about baseball, if at all. However, I was blessed with the opportunity to attend the Nationals double hitter baseball game Saturday July 2nd, Washington verses Pirates. The best way I know how to describe it for others who as well who aren’t informed about baseball, is basically it was like attending the “Super bowl” of Major League baseball, just a bit of a step up from the games of my childhood. I was excited because I haven’t been to a baseball game in awhile! Every metro stop was packed with people wearing some form of red or national t-shirts, and I was happy to be a part of the excitement. I walked in the stadium went up to the Verizon Box, where we were located right behind Home Plate. Amazing tickets! Attending a baseball game is just one of those experiences that if even if you’re not a fan I would recommend. Every second is filled with intensity and the crowd doing what they can to stay excited.

It was great being there with other AAPD interns. A special thank you to the sponsor who had tickets to spare because truly it was an amazing fun-filled experience, and can’t forget about the fireworks after the game that finished off the night well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.