Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 7

Hello everybody!

Due to a short week at work, I had a lot more leisure time than I thought the remainder of the week. My girlfriend and I went out every day, weather permitting. The only thing I am a bit let down about missing was going to Georgetown Cupcakes; the weather ruined that plan for us. I also took the time to take a practice LSAT exam online in order to help me prepare for taking the real LSAT exam coming up in October that will be evaluated by the law schools I apply to. Fellow interns who have already experienced the rigors of studying for the LSAT tell me that I need to start dedicating some study time each week towards practicing for the LSAT. I hope to score high so I can qualify for the schools that I feel are the perfect fit for me after I graduate with my Bachelor’s in the spring. I love reading books with a passion in my spare time and have really gotten away from that in college and I had a nostalgic feeling this week about that so I went out and bought Michael Crichton’s best-seller Pirate Latitudes to read. Worth the read, and I must say I did feel more relaxed than I did at any point in this internship experience so far. Another thing that I did, WAS A MUST, watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One as part of my own build-up to the finale of the Harry Potter franchise that comes to theatres on the 15th! I love harry potter, I have been a fan ever since the first book was published and can’t wait to see how the final book-to-movie translation turns out. The only thing that is a somewhat a disappointment to me is that I have to wait, a good 3 or 4 weeks, before I can see it. The reason is because, being deaf, I don’t have the accessibility to see a movie when it comes out with captions and thus, must wait a few weeks for the theatre to get it set up. Doing interactive activities out there, sometimes is not possible because I can’t understand what is happening and that is something I have to live with until accessibility is made easier and becomes even more widespread.

Well, as for this upcoming week at work, I plan to work a full week and get a lot of grunt work done regarding projects that other interns haven’t finished (I am the only intern that works Mondays-Tuesdays). I look forward to new and exciting projects to work on and am sure to have lots more to share with you fellow readers next week. Stay tuned…

-Colton Jannusch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.