Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 9

After working here in the office at the Department of Homeland Security, I am getting used to meetings as well as chaos and confusions among my colleagues. However, the experience is teaching me a lot of things and to be a good employee. On Thursday, I went to an résumé workshop hosted by AAPD and all the interns attended there. We did learned some new information, but we did ask a lot of questions. It was pretty good that we finally wrapped up the workshop one hour after the scheduled end time. On Saturday, thanks to Cheryl Sensenbrenner, we did go to the Newseum. The Newseum was amazing that I considered it as one of my favorite museums. My two favorite sections of the Newseum is Hurricane Katrina and 9/11; it is really touching while reading and seeing so many horrific images and descriptions about these two sad events. My three friends from Long Island was visiting, and I showed them what is it like in D.C. I took them to the U.S. Capitol, the White House, Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, and many other places such as DuPont Circle, Columbia Heights, Foggy Bottom, H Street, and Gallaudet. We had good times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.