Saturday, July 23, 2011

Is it just me or is it really hot in here?

Hello, Hello, Hello once again.

I have been watching the program on ABC “Switched on Birth” almost every Monday. How often do we see deaf actors/actresses on weekly TV show as on this show? I know this will be part of history, like Marlee Maitlin as an Academy Award winning actress for her role in the film, “Children of a Lesser God”, and Sean Forbes founder D-PAN and music video artist. Check out an example of Sean’s work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2KYAlcTQno

I am glad that it is still summer. I am not ready to go back to school. I’ve been really enjoying the work-a-day world. . I can’t believe that this is my last year of college, which I am kind of sad about. I did not think that I would be sad when the time came to start a new chapter in my life. I really enjoy myself at RIT. Soon enough, I will start to look for permanent job and to shape the way I want to live my life.

Last Tuesday, I went to watch the Merchant of Venice by the Shakespeare Theatre Company. I saw the interpreter from AAPD orientation. She did a great job interpreting during the play. I was very impressed with her and another interpreter.

Here is my next restaurant goal: Etete’s. I heard how good this restaurant is, which is why it is my next mission to check out here in D.C.: http://www.eteterestaurant.com/ I hope you all are taking advantage of D.C. local restaurants. The local restaurant scene has been really fun and I have had good experiences dining out.

Wow- the heatwave is really crazy here in D.C. 103 degrees on Friday. It felt like 115 degrees, but I was told that the Midwest is much worse than this. I cannot believe that. When I was a young girl, I did not care about finding shade but as I get older, the shade is really important and necessary when it is this hot.

I can not believe only one more weekend left in D.C. then here we go off home. I am looking forward to the rest. At the same time, I am not looking forward to it since I am enjoying myself here in D.C. I know I do need to rest for though. Sometimes I do not understand what that term, rest means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.