Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Week 6

Last week, I have been busy working on my project and fix bugs, especially when it comes to these times when you get the wrong calculation! I am very excited that my project is coming to an end very soon! It looks great, and I am trying to finish it up by the end of the day so I can submit it for testing to ensure that it is accessible along with my written report.

I had a lunch with my fellow colleagues, all from Homeland Security, Department of Education, and Government Printing Office at Union Station last week. I also had a lunch on Saturday with Margret and her brother, Andy. Andy works for Google, and it was great meeting him and we had great food as well.

Man, time has went so fast, but I certainly did have a great time, especially on the weekend for July 4th holiday with my friends. All of us sat in my apartment watching the beautiful fireworks from the living room's floor-to-ceiling windows. It was such a beautiful view, especially when it comes to the fact that you don't have to stand for many hours at the National Mall along with the heat & humid.

I am looking forward for this week because of the brown bag session with my deaf colleagues here at Homeland Security as well as my project's completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.