Sunday, July 17, 2011

week eight, everything is getting busy

This week was very interesting. Starting on Monday, I had lots and lots of faxes dealing with the ongoing issue of social security and medicare cuts. Lots of Americans across the nation are very angry about this issue. I also got to learn how to sign letters with a new signing machine.

Later on this week, I tried a new restaurant that I had never been to. I went to a restaurant called Cosi's. Cosi's has really good food that seems really healthy in comparison to the other junk food that I sometimes eat. I also visited the union station and realized that the union station was like a huge shopping mall or airport set up because I didn't know that it consisted of metro services all the way from boston down to washington. However, I'm only here to see the Washington Metro area not anywhere else. I just did not realize that the union station had some east coast service that runs several states whereas I thought the union station was some random metro station like any other in the D.C. area.

The weekend was pretty calm for me because I had just been exploring what kind of jobs online I can get after I get out of school with my bachelor's degree. I went to Rosslyn, Virginia for the first time over the weekend as well. Rosslyn was really affluent and pretty. There are alot of fancy apartments in the area. I'm still trying to get used to the fact that the home ownership in the D.C. area is not as common as a state like Ohio which is where I'm from. Overall, my week went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.