Monday, July 4, 2011

6th Week

The sixth week of my internship hath gone well. I am continuing answering phones with a smile on my face, digging hard to bring up information about legislation through my research, and buildling relationships in the office.

Aside from work this week, I enjoyed the weekend where I went to Arlington National Cemetery on Saturday; it was a relaxing day to just spend in the hills of Robert E. Lee's former estate and pasture lands. I also enjoyed going to the tomb of the unknown soldier, whilst I wasn't able to view the changing of the gaurds, just seeing the well-sought-after location was very intruiging.

What made this week so amazing was that the 4th of July was coming around the corner. I had a wonderful time hanging out with many of my friends. In the morning on Monday I went to the National Mall to see the parade with a few of my friends from church, once that was compelted I came back to GW and got to enjoy a cookout with a few fellow AAPD interns, and then in the afternoon and night I got to hangout with some of my friends that attend Harvard... we went to the west lawn of the Capitol Buildling - I really enjoyed the bluegrass concert... nice taste of back home! Also, before the fireworks went off I got to see one of my friends from Stetson; it is such a small world!

The fireworks were grand and the time was pleasant. This is a 4th of July I will not soon forget.

-Steven Policastro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.