Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Weekend of Fun

I am still working my way through the cogs of upper management giving me an assignment and then it taking a bit of time for all those involved to review what I did and get back with me with updates and suggestions but for the most part many of my projects are actually starting to come together and wind down. My DOT-wide recruitment plan for hiring people with targeted disabilities is the farthest along and could possibly be finished this week. Work on the video I am supposed to be in has gone slower than expected and it may end up that they just take videos of me around the office and then later on they will dub in the words as opposed to my being the actually spokesperson for the project. I went with a few of the interns Thursday night to Ben’s Chili Bowl so that can now be taken off my DC bucket list. I spent the weekend attending the Indonesian Festival, going to see Transformers 3, and eating at two well known Washington eating establishments; Clyde’s and the Old Ebbitt Grill. I enjoyed shopping in Georgetown on Sunday but it was a bit hot strolling up and down the crowded streets. As the internship winds down I have mixed emotions about both going home and leaving DC.

Posted by Matthew Shapiro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.