Saturday, July 23, 2011

Week 9: Sun much?

The clock is winding down. And fast too. Work at ODEP, as always, is keeping me busy. With our big National Diversity Forum in less than a week, everyone at work has been in and out of meetings, myself included. By the way, what is with the weather these days, scorching hot can’t do it justice. I feel like I’m trapped in a giant heat sauna, except I’m wearing dress clothing. Wow, now I see why winter internships are so popular. Part of me still can’t believe I’m getting ready to leave DC, things have changed so much for me here. I’ve been able to meet, and still will meet many more awesome people. I’ve also been reminded how far I need to go, but as I learned again this summer, it’s all a process. The day you stop learning is when you stop living. Washington is in a tricky situation right now, but is that any different than usual. I’m looking forward to visiting the newseum tomorrow, and am looking forward to to enjoying my last weeks in DC. And who knows, maybe I’ll watch the final harry Potter film as well. Life tends to keep us all busy, and goes by rather quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.