Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 9

This week was a learning and fun week. Although things have been a little frustrating working on the hill with the constant bickering between both political parties, I still was able to have fun this week. On Tuesday night, I attended a resume workshop, in which I received some great tips on how to better market myself in the work place along with improving my resume. I was completely clueless as to the small imperfections in a resume that can give a potential employer the wrong impression. For example, I brought my resume with me to the workshop and as it was being reviewed, it was brought to my attention that my complete address was not on my resume. I had looked over my resume multiple times before attending the workshop and never caught this mistake. Ultimately, I learned it is best if multiple people examine a resume before finally submitting it to a potential employer.

This weekend, myself and three other interns, went to Philadelphia to watch the Phillies play my Padres. Being a San Diego native, it was nice going to Philadelphia and seeing the team I grew up watching at Jack Murphy Stadium. Additionally, it was a great game; there were lots of hits and seven total home runs. Although the Padres ended up loosing, I still had a blast seeing them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.