Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 7

While this was a relatively short week it was an interesting it involved quite a few fire drills at 11 p.m., going to a hilarious movie called Horrible Bosses, seeing the Constitution and Declaration, seeing up an intern lunch series for all the interns at OPM, applying for a career fair for law students with disabilities, and going to a few new places to eat. While all of this was great I felt very rewarded that the lunch series, with Director of OPM I planned cam to fruition and was a success. I also spent time working to gather more information on student pathways and planning a major briefing for later this summer in conjunction with the roll out of the comment period on the new regulations which OPM will be releasing. While it sounds lame I did spend a majority of free time putting together my applications for the 2011 IMPACT career fair which will be held in D.C. later this summer. This week I was also able to meet with Andy Imparato and hear how he got to where he was and I was able to discuss my ideas for once I graduate next year. I will keep you updated. - Post Jason S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.