Sunday, July 17, 2011

8th Week.

This week has been very interesting, as the debt ceiling debate looms over The Hill... I am sure it will get more intense as these next three weeks come along full-speed ahead. Lately, the phone lines have been flooded with calls - luckily I have gottent to attend a few briefings and hearings, so I have gotten some time out of the office. But, I enjoy being on the phone trying to make people leave the call with a smile! That's my number one goal - that way I look at it, is if you are not able to bring a smile to the person's faces on the other end then you have failed to do your job - it can be tough, but with patience and persistence it can be accomplished!

This weekend I got to hangout with a myriad of friends - from a few up here in The District to a couple from back home. Going to the American History Museum was very intersting, we only got to tour the west wing, but it was so interesting to take a "step back in time" like that!

This coming week I am really looking forward to going to the Newseum! I hear great things about it! :)

I'm looking forward to making the eight-hundred (plus) mile trip back home to The Southland; I am thankful for the experience here up in Washington, DC - but am yearning for the slow-paced life back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.