Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 9

As the weeks wind down here in D.C. time is starting to go quicker and I feel like I’m accomplishing less and less. This week, I was able to try a few different restaurants, mainly Ollie’s Trolley and Elephant and Castle, Pitango, and Red Velvet and revisited a few classics like RFD and Redline. At work this past week was the last in my series of planned intern luncheons. This week was Dan Ashe, the new director of the Fish and Wildlife Service at the Department of the interior. The stories and experiences that he told seemed incredible and interesting. Later in the same day however was the SES and POWER representative training /discussion. This meeting consisted of a return to work and disability implementation plan folks. It was great to see them all in one room talking about how to hire and retain people with disabilities. This past week I was also able to go to Philly where I went to school for the Phillies game. I did this with several of the other interns and I must say tat we had a blast even though the seats were outside. While I just relaxed most of Sunday I hope this week will be jame packed with lots of fun stuff to do around the 21st Anniversary of the ADA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.