Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 8

Hello everybody,

This was a full week of work and I was hustling on my projects, trying to finish them so I could move on to new ones. I love seeing progress being made and with 3 weeks left, I realize time is running short for me to continue to make an impact for the Commission on Mental and Physical Disability Law. Thus, the drive to complete more work before I end my internship. This week I worked on a couple of projects related to outreach, one was related to getting contact information for all the pledges that we have committed to our initiative of increasing the inclusion of people with disabilities so we could build rapport with them and work together on increasing the number of disabled people employed. The other project was related to updating the ABA law directory so people could have an idea of who to contact regarding disability issues in their respective state, basically raising awareness.

I also had a meet and greet with the CEO of AAPD, Mark Perriello, on Tuesday and it was nice to have a chat with him. I like getting opportunities to network and build relationships with people who are essential to the success of improving and defending the rights of disabled people. For fun on the side, I got to see the Transformers 3 movie, and it’s always nice to have a bit of old-fashioned summer fun.

-Colton J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.