Sunday, July 24, 2011

Two Weeks To Go

Wednesday as work continued I sent in what I hope to be the final version of the DOT Resource Guide for Hiring the Disabled to Dr, Walker. As the week continued I started trying to set up meetings with people throughout my office to continue my networking and make more connections before I leave. Next Tuesday is the trip to the White House for interns with disabilities. I am excited to see what kind of events take place. Next week I also have a meeting with Sara Mahoney to see about getting on the WRP database as I am trying to be back in Washington DC again next summer.

The week ended with a visit to the Newseum, my favorite museum in Washington. I love to go there because they change the exhibits so often that you never have to worry about not having something new to see. This time I found the Katrina exhibit very interesting as well as the presidential picture section. Dinner at the Capitol Grill was the best meal I have had all summer. It was a great time, getting everyone together for an end of the summer event like this. I plan on ending these last two weeks of my internship strong and leaving a good impression for both myself and AAPD with the hope of possibly returning next summer.


Posted by Matthew Shapiro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.