Monday, July 11, 2011

Pure Exhaustion, Friends, and the Zoo -- by Alec Frazier

Male Giant Panda Tian Tian at the National Zoo
Hi. All week I seem to have been just barely clinging on with chronic fatigue and migraine headaches. It should be noted that I have not expended this much effort on living a healthy, productive life in years. So despite my weariness, I am very happy and content.
A Male Common Cuttlefish at the National Zoo. Sooooooo CUTE!!!
On Friday I went out for a great dinner at Clyde's with my mentor, Mat McCollough, and some friends of his. It turns out that one of them lives down the block from my school-time residence in Buffalo! We exchanged information and promised to stay in touch.
A Giant Anteater looks for food--ants, of course--in the wall of his enclosure at the National Zoo.
On Sunday I went to the National Zoo with my Roommate Michael Grant, and we had a really fulfilling time. All in all a rewarding end to a week of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.