Monday, July 16, 2012

Week 7


Another great week come to a close on Friday. If I was getting my stride last week I am really feeling at home at work this week. Heading to the hill with the National Council on Disability Staff and all of my AAPD friends to attend the Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities. It was an interesting hearing (certainly the best one I have seen to date) but I hope that it is more then show. Very exciting anyway and I am crossing my fingers with the hope that it will pass.

I continue to be aware of how my remaining time in DC is limited (at least for this summer). Trying to continue to work on the networking and just make the most of my time generally. I continue to enjoy my job and life here in DC. I don’t know if it is a city I want to spend the rest of my life in, but it is a very worthy place to spend at least a few years in my opinion. It is good to know how things operative here for work down the road. I think almost everything disability related is related to policy.

At NCD we are starting to get ready for our July board meeting. I’m looking forward to taking part in that and meeting all of the members of the Council. It is a quite diverse group with a lot of really great people including some who specialize in my particular areas of interest (ie education reform). That’s all for now, look forward to check in with everyone next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.