Sunday, July 1, 2012

4th week


Wow.  I cant believe Im at this point.  My security clearance for the Department of Homeland Security has finally come.  Thanks to everyone who helped, I will be starting my job tomorrow.  I am excited and a little nervous.  I will be ready for tomorrow though.  I will make sure when I am done with this post to slow myself down, calmly make sure everything is ready, get up bright and early, and ROCK tomorrow.



Still, I am sorry to be leaving the AAPD office.  It was a great place to work that gave me the opportunity to go to a Senatorial hearing, write for the AAPD’s website blog, read a house committee hearing transcript, and learn about healthcare.  And it was a great place to be when word came that the ACA passed.  Above all, it was a terrific office environment to work in.  The people were nice and incredibly patient, which is someone I know I need (well would REALLY like) in my job.  A big thanks to everyone who gave me a great opportunity and experience.

What to report on aside from that?  Not much.  I had a very relaxing weekend, with the day in which I did the most activity probably being today.  Despite the heat and blackouts, I am proud to say I braved the elements and bought a truckload of food!  I like to think I complete Joseph Cambell’s heroes journey (for those curious, yes I am being extremely over dramatic and have never actually read that book.  Just having some, well, over-the-top fun ;))  I have also been watching some interesting stuff on internet tv.  More great specials from Terry Jones, along with the Animal Planet special Mermaid: the Body Found.  Its….well let me put it this way.    It made me reflect on the dangers of billing that which is fictional as non-fictional too aggressively.  But still tremendously engaging and fun to watch for what it is worth.



Well, see you all next week!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.