Sunday, July 22, 2012

Character!


As I sit write this blog entry, I hear the word Character resonating within my spirit.  Character in my opinion is the only thing one has left when they leave this earth.  People will remember they type of person he or she “was”.  No! It is not the fortune or fame, but the character of a person that matters most!

I want to be remembered as hardworking, diligent, loyal, genuine, and honest.  I have a strong faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Yet, I am not perfect and accept the notion that it is unattainable.  On the other hand, I do believe that various aspects of one’s life can be perfect.  So is there such a thing as having perfect character? No!

I was at a Brown bag session this week and heard the most inspirational words this summer.  This inspirational moment evolved from a discussion that ask “Can you have it all?” A career, a family, and a fulfilling life were the components of this equation.  One panelist indicated that you can if you put God first, family second, and your career third.  WOW!

I attended morning service worshiping at a church in Maryland.  I really enjoyed the message today for I know the prescience of the Lord was there.  I received the divine word and realized that it applied to my life at this time.  Side note- wouldn’t it be wonderful to be remembered as a God-fearing man/woman!  That qualifies the person to be an individual with good character according to my standards.

I have met many individuals in D.C. that appear to possess excellent character.  On the flipside, I have also met one or two that appear to have questionable character.  I attempt to stay clear of these persons.  I have just a little while longer here and then I am gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.