Monday, July 9, 2012

In the thick of things

So last week was my first week over at the Department of Transportation. Although the Federal Government seriously needs to consider hiring an interior decorator--gray wall to wall?, really?!! I can tell I'll have a great time there. The first day I arrived we drove out to St. Michaels on the Eastern Shore. GORGEOUS. Apparently they don't do this every Monday though, darn! But it was  a great way to meet everyone on the team and it was a gorgeous day.

My boss is super nice and I can tell they really want to give me really tasks to do-not just pencil pushing, so I'm working with different federal agencies to look at Best Practices to address performance gaps in existing programming. Its really cool--I know I'm geeking out now--but it is!

Minus the sweltering heat. Its been really really really really hot these past few weeks. I hear we're supposed to get a bit of a break this week. I NEED IT! I went home last weekend to see one of my oldest and dearest friends get married. You know, I never understood why people cry at weddings in the movies. But as she was walking down the aisle, I definitely felt my eyes watering up.

And yesterday I had the opportunity to relax with my family. Took the bus back and got home lateeee last night. So I'm definitely wiped and today will be a bit rough :) but here's to one more awesome month of our internships!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.