Monday, July 9, 2012

Being True to oneself!!


This week has gone by really fast.  We are at the midpoint and I must say that my experiences at work have been delightful.  I have met wonderful people and have a supportive supervisor.  I am happy with my placement.  I have stayed true to my hope of working at my site one day, and the Lord has brought things full circle for me.  Words cannot articulate the joy I feel working at my site. 

Last week, I was selected to work on a special project that I volunteered, and I was selected as a key member of the planning committee.  WOW!!!  I am so looking forward to the launch date of the project for it will be so much fun mixed with hard work!!  I also saw the July 4th fireworks… just beautiful!

I must also say that it has been challenging riding the metro each day.  It is soooooooooooo Hottttttt!!! I find myself drenched with sweat, and I stayed hydrated.  Yet, I still want to go enjoyed the sites in DC but find myself attempting to rest.  As I type this blog, I hear the thunder and hope that the city and surrounding areas will be ok in the morning.  I was saddened to see all the destruction and devastation left after the last storm.  As I made my way to church, I saw trees down and cellular service was not an option for the networks were busy.  However, I found a place to worship and remained true to myself by attending church!

Another subject that I have been wrestling with is taking care of my needs or my body’s needs over others.  I have been neglecting my own health out of sympathy for someone else, and this week I decided to be true to myself!! I am putting my health and well being first and I encourage all people to do so.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.