Monday, July 30, 2012

D.C. NOT in D.C. week 9

My title brings it to the attention for all of you who did not notice that I am not in DC right now! But no worries I will be back early tomorrow morning. I was fortunate enough to be able to come home to Canton, Ohio for one of my first cousin's wedding. I really enjoyed myself and it was a well needed dose of medicine for my homesickness that I have been having.

Although I went home early Friday morning, the majority of the week I did spend in DC and it was pretty hectic. I spent a good 48 hours trying to get prepared for the JFA Awards ceremony we attended Thursday and I am glad I was chosen to speak on behalf of us all. This actually opened up another networking door for me, seeing that I received many accolades for my short description of my experience here. I received a free, autographed version of a book and exchanged some contact information with some people who are within the Department of Homeland Security!


When I return, I have some lunch dates to attend and a little more work to do at the USDA. God is good all the time and all the time God is good! I'm in for a long flight tonight so I will you all tomorrow!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.