Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 8: Fire Alarms & "Murder, She Wrote"

The notion that our AAPD Summer Internship experience is almost to an end is quickly spreading among the interns, with it finally sinking into my brain, for sure! I'll definitely be sad to leave DC, but at the same time, I'm excited to go home and put all the awesome knowledge and skills my internship has given me to good use! I hope to intern at a local, award-winning magazine in New Orleans, where I can write about food, art, and the vast array of cultures in the Big Easy. I'm so grateful for tyne magazine writing (for their publication Life in Action) and social media experience that I've gained at United Spinal. It's really helping me in my internship search for the Fall. This was not part of the exact job description, but all I had to do was ask my supervisors if there were any opportunities to write this summer, and they did all they could to assist me!

This Thursday, someone pulled the fire alarm at around 5:30am at South Hall. I stumbled outside in my pajamas with everyone else and waited for the police to let us know when we could go back inside. By the time they did, it was 6:30, so I decided to just get dressed and go to Founding Farmers' for breakfast instead of going back to bed. Big mistake! I got to work at 8 (with no one else there, yet) and tried to stay awake for the rest of the day. I just about wiped out our office's caffeine supply, and my supervisor told me to leave around 2 because she felt sorry for me! All this, coupled with insomnia for the last week, has caused me to come down with a cold this weekend.

So, I'm huddled inside for the weekend with my service dog, watching season one of "Murder, She Wrote."
                    Awesome,
                    Liz H.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.