Monday, June 6, 2011

week 2 Starting my internship

My second week was very interesting. I started interning for Congressman Hoyer's office on Wednesday. I learned how to use the telephone for business calls. It was interesting because I experienced some new concepts of how to operate a phone for business purposes. The first day which was Wednesday was also exciting because I got to meet Congressman Hoyer which was a real treat. It was so much fun. Overall, Wednesday was a lot of fun even though it was a little bit overwhelming at first.

My second day of work on Friday for Congressman Hoyer's office was interesting because I had to go to a workshop to learn how to use computer software programs that help gather statistical analysis. I also cleaned one of the office rooms all by myself all afternoon on Friday. Then on Saturday I got to go to King's street in Virginia which was a lot of fun. There are so many cool shops on that street where you can look around and see amazing stuff. On Sunday, I wen to the Natural History Museum which was a lot of fun. I went with a friend so it was cool to learn about new things. I was able to touch one of the world's oldest rocks which I thought was kind of neat. Overall, My second week in Washington was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.