Sunday, June 12, 2011

Network

Wow. The week went so fast. Over the weekend, I went to Kings Dominion in Virginia and it was a lot of fun. It was supposed to be a deaf event day, however, I did not see a lot of deaf people, probably because I was busy running to each of the roller coaster rides there! Kings Dominion has motivated me to go to Hershey Park this summer. I do not know if I will go there for sure but I am hoping to.

Not that I am trying to get away from D.C. I cherish D.C. every moment. I love how I wake up every morning, walk to the metro then after work, I go back to metro to home. I am thinking about walking sometimes from work to home; but the weather has been really warm or I have the wrong pair of shoes for me to walk. One day, I know I will. I am not giving up on this mission.
Work is pretty good so far. My co-workers are really friendly. I have a co-worker who is motivated to learn sign language. I feel that my co-workers will always have a place in my heart. This is definitely an experience I will not forget. I like the tasks I have at work. Sometimes the days can feel a little bit long, perhaps because I am tired. This is a good work experience for me. I am getting an opportunity to explore to see what I am may be interested in pursuing for a job upon graduation. Thus far I am enjoying the work I am doing as an intern.

I finally met my mentor, Seth Bravin. We met only for a short time, but I am glad that we were able to hit it off. We talked as if we knew each other for a long while. He seems to be doing well on his own. He mentioned what AAPD has been talking all about: NETWORK. NETWORK. NETWORK. He emphasized that networking is really important in the professional world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.