Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 4

Last week at my internship, Homeland Security, I have been working everyday on my big project. The big project is all about a simple calculator that is accessible to everybody when they use it. I am writing it in Java, the object-oriented programming language along with Accessibility features, like name input, flickering when pressing a button, contrast settings, and so forth. I even did put a print dialog so the user can print out the calculation history performed. Other than that, I have been helping out with fixing the training lab's computers that was having problems along with preparing my presentation for next week as well as writing up a report on the necessary improvements. During lunch everyday, I have been hanging out with all of my colleagues and to get to know them. This Wednesday, I'll be having a lovely lunch with many different deaf federal employees in Chinatown... another networking event for me! :-)

Anyway, here is the snapshot of my computer screen so you can see what I have been working on. PICTURE CAPTION: A snapshot of the computer screen, which contains a program where the user is able to write Java programming language in a program with black background and many different colors for each operation and word. The program is the tool for the user to create programs. At the top right side of the screen, a sample calculator is shown with numbers, operators, and clear buttons. Next to the calculator window, an "About" dialog window providing the owner's name, department's name, copyright, and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.