Sunday, June 19, 2011

Week Four Getting used to work

This week I started to improve upon my skills in Congressman Hoyer's office. I have started to do faxes better. I can now do complete faxes at a quicker rate than I did the previous week when I was starting them for the first time. I'm still working on my phone skills though. However, I'm able to analyze faxes and knowing which goes with which when using spreadsheet programs for statistical analysis.

On Tuesday of this week, I went to another AAPD meeting in the evening that had a couple of speakers talk about disabilities among the world and not just the United States. I thought it was pretty interesting because I didn't know that there were international organizations for people with disabilities as well.

Then towards the end of the week on Thursday, I met with my mentor Michael Winters who talked with me about what skills I need to improve upon in Congressman Hoyer's office that I had not  performed yet. Friday was also very interesting because I got to do event planning for a party that was held for Congressman Hoyer's district. I helped set up the tables and food. I was also the receptionist and greeter which was a lot of fun too. Then on Saturday, I went to the Arlington National Cemetary in the afternoon. It was a nice day and peaceful to experience a second opportunity to visit our country's arlington national cemetary.  Overall, the week was pretty good but went by really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.