Sunday, June 26, 2011

week five, things are going well

This week was pretty good. During the beginning of the week, I was memorizing the history of the capitol for when I get ready to eventually do tours of the capitol. I also got to see the inside of the capitol as I was learning more about it. I learned about the Rotunda and all the statues and paintings that were on the walls of the Rotunda room.  I also got to see where the minority whip's office for Congressman Hoyer was.

Later on during this week, I continued to do well on completing faxes for the office on a timely manner. I also got to do small tasks that would require me to go over to other parts of the Longworth Building or even to the capitol when necessary.

At the end of the week, I continued to do faxes and whatever else that was necessary. This week was kind of a regular week where I just continued to do faxes and whatever else was necessary to keep the office running smoothly. There were not any big projects being done.

Saturday was fun because I got to hear about a blind man talk about former President FDR and his disability of getting polio which made him in the need of a wheelchair. I saw the statue of FDR in a wheelchair at the FDR Memorial which was really cool. I also went with a friend afterwards to see the Lincoln Memorial which was a lot of fun. Overall, my week was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.