Friday, June 17, 2011

Fourth Week.

This fourth week as been very interesting, I have gotten more to do at my internship - including the ability to research legislation and write reports, talking points, and summaries for committees. I have had a great time talking with some constituents, learning their points of view, and leaving each phone call with a smile on my face!

Outside of work, I have had a good week too, I unfortunately was unable to do too much since I was sick for a good portion of the week - but I am getting better, so that is always a good thing! Today I went trekking across The District from Rock Creek Park to the forts in the east of Washington. During this time, I met a new family who was touring The District after moving to Annapolis, MD two weeks ago; it was great to be able to help them (realising just how much I have learned in such a short period of time). After a fun-filled foray of park hopping, I got back on The Metro to head to the infamous Target to buy food supplies for my apartment, on my way home from Target I met a new friend on The Metro; so glad I'm being able to know people be it from AAPD, at church, or on The Metro.

After my day's adventure and unpacking, I got to head to Capitol Hill to have dinner at a friend's house... I never knew this but people live in basements - I love it! They are quaint and elegantly simple. Gave me somewhat of any idea of what I want in my house when I get married... although we do no have basements in Florida.

I hope everyone's week has been splendid!

- Steven Policastro

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.