Friday, June 3, 2011

week 1 orientation

I arrived in Washington D.C on a Sunday night. I moved into the George Washington University for the summer as an intern for the AAPD. Then on Monday through Friday, I went to AAPD workshops. On Monday, I learned how to take the subway for the first time. I was a little bit scared at first, but quickly got used to it as the week progressed. Then on Tuesday and Wednesday, I worked with some peers on the book we read before coming to Washington called "No Pity".  Then on Thursday and Friday, I heard more lectures about what it was like to live in Washington. Then on Friday I got to meet my intern supervisor boss which was a lot of fun.

Then over the weekend I got to go see the Arlington National Cemetery. Visiting the Arlington National Cemetery was a lot of fun for me. I think the Arlington National Cemetery is such a beautiful and respected place to be buried. I'm extremely glad that our veterans are buried in a Cemetery this nice and respected. Then on Sunday, I got to go to the National History Museum. It was a lot of fun because I got to learn and study more about the concept of "Evolution". Overall, my first week went pretty well for the most part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.