Monday, June 25, 2012

the sun keeps shinning till winter


This is my fourth week of my internship. I have started a new project. The project that I am doing entails looking at a European Draft in regards to accessible technology. In the draft the Europeans created a chart that maps out different accessible technological standards and compares them with different categories of disabilities. Essentially the draft determines which standard would apply to people with specific disabilities. My job was to analyze this chart and determine the validity of it and to correct any mistakes that they made. I also must explain why they made the mistakes that they made. After im finished correcting their draft. Staff members  at the Access board will look over my work and ultimately add it to our draft on accessibility standards as well as publishing it. Tomorrow June 26th I have a meeting scheduled with the staff member specializing in Accessible websites and I will go over my work with him. This weekend I made some new friends at a Jewish organization called Chabbad. On Friday night I ate dinner at the Rabbis house, sung some Jewish songs, prayed and had some good conversations. I found out that every Friday we will be doing the same thing which is really awesome. I am really glad to have meet people that I can relate to on a religious level. Last night I went to the smithsonian with  a friend that I meet at the chabbad house and later 10 of us went out to eat at a kosher restaurant called Ellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.