Sunday, June 10, 2012

1st blog

The first week of interning has been great. I enjoy my position at the Department of Agriculture and especially the people I work with. One of the reasons I am enjoying my work is because they have asked me to work on projects covering a variety of fields, everything from marketing to finance.

Though I am glad to be working on different things, I know I wouldn't be nearly as happy as I am if it weren't for the quality of people I work with all day. My immediate supervisor is awesome. The first day I met him, he bought me lunch, that's an okay person if you ask me. You see, it doesn't take much to get on my good list. Besides lunch, my supervisor has been extremely helpful in introducing me to everyone and connecting with me people that offer career advice and maybe even a career.

I'm looking forward to another week of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.