Thursday, June 21, 2012

Blog #3


Last night I went to a Nationals baseball game! I had so much fun and enjoyed everything but the temperature. The Nationals are exciting this year because they are playing well and have young talent.  A player that was fun to watch was Bryce Harper. The kid is 19 years old and is playing in the big leagues.

I can't claim to be a Nationals fan, considering the fact that yesterday was the first Nationals game I have ever attended, but while I am in D.C. as an intern, I will definitely make it back for another game. Why wouldn't I? The tickets to get in are as cheap as 6 dollars and you can easily get to the ballpark by metro. The only expense to avoid would be the price of food at the ballpark. I paid 9 dollars for 2 waters and who knows how much more for a mini-hamburger; it might have been the last half of someone else's burger.

Anyway, lesson learned. I'll be back at a game soon, but will make sure to eat dinner before I get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.