Monday, July 12, 2010

week seven

To reiterate what Ericka said in her blog post, you call this a pizza party? Last week, the AAPD interns had the pleasure of meeting Wade Henderson, Dick Thornburgh, Ralph Boyd, and Jonathon Young at a so called Pizza Party.

We all had the pleasure of listening to them speak about their careers and how they reached the positions they are in today. And what they had to say had a great impact on how I view what is left of my college education and my future goals. Jonathon Young told everyone that he started his undergraduate education studying engineering and somehow ended up working with Tony Coelho, and it got me thinking, where can political science and communications lead me? Like most of the congressional interns, I also see law school in my future, but what’s to say that won’t change tomorrow or the next day.

Throughout this internship, my thoughts on my future career path changed almost every day, and it will probably change again as soon as I finish writing this blog. For some reason every job in DC seems intrigue me in some way or another and I feel like I’m in elementary school again. Well, I guess this is better than not knowing what to do at all! I’m excited to see what else will pop up in the near future that will once again grab my attention, and I hope that there will be more opportunities like this in the remainder of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.