Wednesday, July 14, 2010

5 Days of WONDERFUL experience along with Week SixS

Monday, July 12, 2010:

My work were cut short due to my commander’s retirement, I went to Women in Military museum to recognize her longest serve in United States Coast Guard, she served for 22 years in the military. She received an award and her retirement award. Her husband and her children (a girl and boy) received the gifts from her for being there for her service in the military. Then afterward, I went to a retirement party for her and we were at park. We were talking about her service and how she helped the agency, but I am going to miss her since she is not going to be at United States Coast Guard anymore. But I wish her a good luck in her future and with citizen world.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010:

My work is very interesting, because I received the invitation from Mr. Calvin Lederer, Acting Judge Advocate General from the United States Coast Guard. Also, I will have a meeting with Information Technology Help Desk to discuss about shared drive because they set the limitation to 200 GB for all agencies to use, I cannot image at how they can handle the limitation of GB on the share drive.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010:

My work is very interesting because I helped my co-workers with files and nothing related to my major because they need to organize the files for the agency. Also, I am kind to help them with the files and putting into unclassified bags. Another relaxing day for me because there is not too much of projects going on but I am waiting for the appointment with Help Desk related to Shared Drive because I think they need to fix the issues since the United States Coast Guard will have a lot of information. The average files are on shared drive is a lot of information regarding to laws, policy, etc.


Thursday, July 15, 2010:

This day kept me busy by adding more requests to database, 192 requests! but finally i have more works to do. I also have a meeting with my co-worker and a team member from different agency within USCG. The meeting inspire me because another member that have same point of the views about SharePoint but if the agency want to use it. Then I am their helper with the requirements for SharePoint. Also, I like to help and make the federal agency to be a better organization.

Friday, July 16, 2010:

I will meet with another deaf professional and have a chit chat with. Also, I will be working on database and hopefully, I can meet with more deaf professionals.

Take Care,
Kevin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.