Monday, July 12, 2010

July 4th

The weekend of July 4th started off with a 8 and ½ hour drive to myrtle beach south Carolina to see my family and meet Justin’s family. We left Washington D.C at 5:30 pm that Friday and made our way down 95 as fast as I could, don’t get me wrong I love Washington D.C but I need to see some sand, sun, and ocean a little vacation never hurt anyone, everybody needs to shift into neutral and recharge the batteries. I was in Myrtle for 3 days then I drove to Georgia to see some of my friends that wasn’t such a bad drive it was only 5 hours and my roommate matt rode with me so it wasn’t bad at all. The drive home was interesting because I stopped at south of the boarder in South Carolina and bought 162 dollars worth of fireworks to shoot off when I got to my house. Best 162 dollars I’ve ever spent on fireworks that is I got a 30 min show for 162 dollars which isn’t a bad deal my friends were happy because my town did have that many fireworks because it rained on the 4th. I took Tuesday and Wednesday off from work so I could spend so more time with the parents but as fate would have I had a mandatory meeting to attend back here in Washington D.C so Wednesday morning I left around 6 am because it is about a 10 and ½ hour drive my house in Georgia to D.C but I made it back with no time to spare. I parked my car at South Hall and Matt and I booked over to K&L Gates to make the pizza party on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.