Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 9

It has been a hot and beautiful, exciting week in DC and I am glad to be here! This week we had some pretty cool events. The first was the ADA event at which there were over 1500 people, a majority of which had disabilities. It was truly an inspiration to look out at the crowd and see people happy to be alive in this moment. Work has been going great I was given a big project that has to be completed before I leave, I am build a server for the office that will keep track of all the inventory at the office as well as a few other thing but I think it is going to be challenging but I welcome it. The interns are going to the White House to go to the ADA Celebration hopefully will have the chance to meet president Obama, that would be cool, later that night I’m going to the gala which is only a few block from the white house so I am looking forward to this week coming up because all the exciting thing that I am going to get to do. There is that ever looming last day of work and last day in Washington DC that I don’t really want to see but with the passing of each day it inches closer. I have made a lot of good friends here in DC and also learned some life experiences for example how to always plan for delays whether it be a late train or forgetting your key in your apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.