Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 8

During my interview for the communications intern position here, I was told that this summer will be a busy one. That was an understatement.

All the preparations that the AAPD staff members have working are all coming together. With the events coming up on the 20th and the 21st, next week will highlight all the hard work that the staff members here in the office have accomplished and we are all excited for this week to begin!

From day one of my internship I started working on the Disability News Digest, where we compile daily disabilities news across the nation. And from the News Digest I'm glad to see that DC is not the only place where there will be celebrations for the 20th anniversary of the ADA. I am starting to see more and more news regarding celebrations and events for the upcoming anniversary all across the nation.

Also, I started the Countdown to ADA Video Series project the second week I got to the office and I was excited to interview everyone we had lined up, and it's hard to believe that I have finally reached the bottom of that list! This upcoming week, the video series will feature three very prominent leaders in the disability community, and we hope that all of you will watch and learn what it takes to be on the top of the disability community.

This week Amelia and I had the pleasure of going to Senator Leahy's Annual Ice Cream Social, all thanks to Yoshiko Dart! Like most people in our community she has a very hectic schedule planned for this week. I'm sure everyone will be very busy just like Yoshiko and I hope that in the midst of all the events and celebrations we keep our cool and enjoy every minute of the most exciting week of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.