Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fun week!

This week I started learning sub-theming for Drupal, the web based CMS that I mentioned in my previous post. I have been working with html, css, and php to customize a theme to my liking. So far it has been going great and I really enjoy it. Unfortunately I only have it installed as localhost, otherwise I would link to it for everyone to see. Eventually, I plan to implement Drupal for my parents bed & breakfast and other personal implementations. I hope that by the end of the summer I will have a certain level of mastery over Drupal.

Besides that, I went to the AAPD board meeting earlier this week, which was hosted at a Verizon Wireless corporate office. It was a great experience and it gave me perspective as to what a board meeting is like. I have ambitions for eventually joining a board for either my church or my or the local chapter of the Autism Society of America or both and this experience definitely reinforced those ambitions.

In addition I gained a contact at Verizon, Mary Crespy, AAPD's disability point of contact at Verizon. She agreed to try to get me a preview of the Motorola Droid X, which has not yet been released. I am very excited to be able to meet someone from Verizon as well as get an exclusive preview. I hope that this opportunity allows me to build a professional relationship with persons at Verizon.

Good week, looking forward to next week.

-Benjamin Tshudy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.