Thursday, July 8, 2010

Week Seven

Week Seven
This week has been sun, waves and Myrtle Beach. Tele-working is the name of the game, and although it feels like I’m even busier trying to juggle family and a full work load, the ocean has me in a tranquil state of peace. I have decided that it is a NECESSITY for me to finally settle down somewhere on the coast when I finish school. It is a medication free way of controlling my manic depression, and it allows me to go well above and beyond the constraints of the closed in city. Don’t get me wrong, DC is an amazing place. But the ocean fills me with a feeling of nostalgia, inner peace, and helps me bring back some of the happiness I found as a child. I don’t really miss home anymore now that I’m surrounded by the sound of the waves crashing in during the tide, and surrounded by family that loves me. There are shops everywhere, and people from many different parts of the world, almost a veritable melting pot of cultures. It has allowed me time to create a storyboard (visual flow chart) for my PCAT (Public Comment Analysis Toolkit), write my final script for the PCAT tutorial, start creating my final video, and even stay in touch with people in the office back in DC. I LOVE the ocean, and recommend its healing qualities to anyone who needs a little inner peace.
Justin Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.