Thursday, July 1, 2010

Week Five - The Fifth Adventure

Boredom is beautiful but spending time alone freely is even more beautiful. There is no such thing as loneliness, people are everywhere. It's never too late to make new friends when we are capable of change. The path to hermitage isn't as depressing as people think.

Cooking is the word that describes the fifth adventure. Most of what I had in mind was cooking. Never before did I start to learn how to cook on my own this long. I have used logic to hack vegetables such as bokchoy, broccoli, onions, and green peppers. My hacking skills has reached to another level despite earning another scar on my index finger. I have learned that eating out does not always save time. I will be stir frying more, eating out less. I don't know what to say to people who continue to eat unhealthy microwaveable food. I think I understand vegetable cruelty, plants do have feelings.

Another word to define this week at work is meditation. I attended to a SharePoint meeting about migration of the web service with new web application technologies. Then I have received a book to learn more about Microsoft SharePoint in-depth. Not very exciting, its work. I meditate on it and do my best to make progress. All I can do now is smile, work hard, make progress, and complete whatever I have on time.

Besides cooking and work, bloggers talked about hacking, let me add some sense to it.




According to Google, anyone who plays golf poorly is a epic hacker. That's me because there are no words that explains how my cousin who losses all the time beats me in mini-golf blindfolded. It destroyed me. There's more hopelessness, my devastating defeat to my mother made me such a hot head. No rematch needed before she's too old. It feels good to be a professional hacker.

It seems that I am running out of good quotes to end this blog. I had my fun researching quotations of the moral issues related to disabilities. There's not a lot of that on the internet. Instead of posting another quote from Hellen Keller, I choose simple proverbs that make little sense to the readers. Making experiences fun to read, this is what blogging is about? Right? Happy Independence Day travelers.

"Chop wood, carry water." ~ Zen Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.