Friday, July 23, 2010

Monday, July 19, 2010 to Friday, July 23 2010: Busy & Closing to End of Internship

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I wonder something about Blogging, the blogging is about post personal concern or post about your lifestyle, or something regarding to your personal life. But I am here to make a blog about my work experience and concerns in the organization, however, I think that blogging is related to personal life but I noticed I am becoming addicted to blogging because I can post things about my work experience but one negative thing about blogging. I cannot disclosure information regarding to my project; like what am I doing, what kind of information, etc because of the classified information. However, I am going to explain the days from July 19, 2010 to July 23, 2010

Monday July 19, 2010 was a relaxing day since I complete the projects and I am waiting for requests to come in, because the requests most likely to be in range from 5-40 requests that I need to put them in the database and excel spreadsheets. However, I received the email from the deaf employee in my agency, he asked for lunch meeting because he wants to meet other interns who are also deaf or hard-of-hearing.

Quote for Monday:

· I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
Isaac Asimov: US Science Fiction novelist & scholar (1920-1992)

Tuesday July 20, 2010 was a crazy day because I went to meeting with my Chief Warrant Officer in the JAG conference with the team members. USCG seem a good agency to work with because they are very outgoing and very open for the interns who want to do something or just want to be part of the organization. Also, I was a volunteer at NCIL ADA Celebration to collect the tickets, hand-out the programs, and give-away the bags for people who attend the celebration.

Quote for Tuesday:

· Live well. It is the greatest revenge.
The Talmud

Wednesday July 21, 2010 was very busy day, because of NCIL ADA Celebration and I met a lot of people and it was amazing to meet people with disabilities but I do not call them, people with disabilities but I would call them the miracle people because they made it to society and can live on their life like other people. But I cannot believe that I saw Patrick Kennedy, he reminds me of John F. Kennedy because he looks exactly like him. But NICL ADA Celebration was very honor to all of us, including interns because we are the next generation that would be a leader in the community to fight for our rights.

· For me, disability is a way of getting some extremity, some kind of very difficult situation that throws an interesting light on people. Mark Haddon

Thursday 22 July, 2010 was another busy day because of another ADA celebration and I received an award for being an intern to complete the internship for Microsoft and I admire their company because I been using windows operating system because its gain my knowledge about the computer but learning will never ends till you want it to. Then I went to dinner with Tony Coelho, I admire his speeches and he inspire me in some ways because I remember why I want to be a better person who has disability but my disability do not limit my education or knowledge.
· Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?

Friday 23 July, 2010 is very relaxing day because there is less work and there is no event that going on, I feel so peaceful but I cannot believe that my internship is going to end but I don’t want to because internship help me to show the world that I can do it and I am not fearful of learning the new things. I am making a lot of good friends with other interns and I hope that I able to keep in touch with them because they are my good friends and I am not going to forget them because we make it for current generation and show the world that we are not fearful of anything, including the society but there are some changes that we need to fix but changing is what we want in our generation and future generation to fix the errors in the past generation.

· Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.

Well, take care ladies and gentlemen, Kevin Whetstone is signing out.
See you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.