Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 8

An afternoon in Alexandria, an evening at the Jefferson Memorial, a visit to the White House, a stroll along the Boardwalk at Ocean City, or an adventure at Great Falls Park, with my time in DC quickly coming to an end I remain committed to attempting to see and visit as many attractions and cultural centers as possible. This past weekend I visited the International Spy Museum a museum filled with stories of danger, betrayal, and gadgetry. One of my favorite aspects of the Spy Museum was its interactive nature. Upon entering the Spy Museum each guest assumes one of 12 preconceived identities from an art student to a business executive and the opportunity to participate in interactive exhibits. I must say that I’d never before climbed through an air duct while trying to evade detection from the tourists below. This weekend I also visited the Museum of Natural History for the third time this summer. Each time I visit the Museum of Natural History I focus on a particular section of the Museum. In the insect exhibit I witnessed a fully operational beehive and saw Butterflies emerging from their cocoons. Visiting the Spy Museum was an incredible experience and I’m looking forward to exploring DC and the surrounding cities and areas in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.