Thursday, July 8, 2010

Greetings from AAPD IT Intern: WEEK FIVE

Greetings from AAPD IT Intern: WEEK FIVE

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

Hiya people, I am back for my week five entertainment, this week been a busy and hot week since the temperature was rising by 100-something degree and I am so glad that my internship does have an air conditioning because I cannot stand this heat, because Washington DC is not like Arizona.

But anyway, back to my point about my internship, this week filled with the meetings with co-workers, team members, and agency to discuss about various things regarding to United States Coast Guard. Also, I went to picnic with my agency and I had fun by networking with people and discuss about my work. It is very interesting for the business world; I wish I could have a full-time job with United States Coast Guard because I really like it to starting to love it. I love working with AAPD and Coast Guard but I only have 4 weeks left to go for my internship.

In closing, I really do like being in Washington DC because it gave me something to do and after work, I can relax since everyone else was relaxing from overload of work. However, I am looking forward to more events and to meet the people. Also, I went to AAPD pizza party and it was delicious, but it was very pleasure to meet important people who support the civil union act that leads to ADA. However, I think that is all I am going to share with you people. Hope that you people have a good weekend after reading other interns’ blogs.

Take Care,

Kevin T.J. Whetstone

1 comment:

  1. Kevin,
    If you get a chance, check out the Coast Guard Auxiliary. It may be a way for you to remain active working with USCG even after your internship is over. Check them out on the internet for a Flotilla near you.
    Best,
    Day
    www.DayinWashington.com

    ReplyDelete

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.