Friday, June 11, 2010

Work and the nightlife

This week I had the opportunity to attend the farmers market at the USDA and got the chance to meet with Rayne Pegg, which was great experience. The farmers market was a great place to go to purchase organic fruits, vegetables, and even fresh organic ice cream. The Washington DC nightlife is great there is always something to do take tonight for instance there was jazz festival taking place with great live music. This past weekend went to Dupont Circle and walked around with my roommate Justin and some my friends found a salsa club which was really fun did a little salsa dancing which I hadn’t done in a while so it was definitely a lot of fun and got to listen some more live music.
Work is great I have been doing research on some programs for the access board, which is cool because I didn’t really think that they would want an interns opinion on what kind software they should get. I have the office all to myself next IT wise because my supervisors have to go to a conference so it is going to make for an interesting week. I don’t foresee any problems that I can’t handle on my so it just a lot of responsibility but I’m up to the challenge so I’ll definitely let you know how it went in next weeks blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenters must avoid profanity, harsh language and disparaging remarks on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability. All comments to the blog are moderated by AAPD, and can be subject to removal at any time.

Please use the comments section to engage in the ongoing dialogue between our program funders, current and former interns, our colleagues, and the broader disability community, and to respond to intern posts that intrigue you, to share your own stories, or to simply express your gratitude for being allowed into the world of our summer interns.